Wednesday, 12 October 2011

October full of Celebrations and Memories

October is a very full month in my house for birthdays and anniversaries  and lots of baking happens because of it.  Both my daughters were married in the month of October one in 2006 one in 2008. One of my grandsons was 4 today. Tomorrow is my mother-in-law's birthday, she will be 80.  My maternal grandmother's birthday would also be tomorrow if she was still with us.  She died in 2003 aged 96. Hope I have inherited her genes.

My very best friend's birthday was also in October and her all too early death in 2008 and I miss her dearly.

A lovely post on  http://clover-seven.blogspot.com/ reminded me so much of our special friendship.

This typifies the relationship I have with my sister who is my closest friend and confidant.

Thank you Clover I loved this.

SUNDAY, OCTOBER 9, 2011
WEEKENDING: FRIENDSHIP

But oh! the blessing it is to
 have a friend to whom one
 can speak fearlessly on any
 subject; with whom one's
 deepest as well as one's
most foolish thoughts come
 out simply and safely.  Oh,
 the comfort - the inexpressible
comfort of feeling safe with a
 person - having neither to
 weigh thoughts nor measure
 words, but pouring them all
right out, just as they are,
chaff and grain together;
certain that a faithful hand
 will take and sift them,
 keep what is worth keeping,
 and then with the breath
 of kindness blow the rest away. 

 ~Dinah Craik, A Life for a Life, 1859



1 comment:

  1. Oh, now you're doing it to me (time to reach for the tissue box). I've read that poem once before a long long time ago, it's so poignant and apt - because that's how I feel about you too.

    ReplyDelete