Friday, 3 February 2012

Pancakes for Breakfast

With whisk in hand we made a start
During school holidays my grandchildren have a sleepover at some stage.  My eldest son's children were over last week.  Somehow I unexpectedly found my kitchen cupboards bare!

What were we going to have for breakfast? We wanted something fun.

We had flour, eggs and milk, so pancakes it was!

My granddaughters are turning into nice little cooks and are always ready to help (if not take over).

1 cup of self raising flour, 1 egg, 1 cup milk

Add milk to the flour in a bowl or jug 

Add the egg 
Whisk all ingredients together until smooth

Nanny then heated some butter in the pan and ladled in the pancake mix
 They only take a few minutes each side and then dress with whatever topping you fancy.


 Some of the decoration was imaginative!
Yogurt and nuts did not look very attractive but rolled up they tasted yummy (or so I was told).





It was such a nice morning we sat on the front verandah


Oooooooooh lovely! My favourite -
Pancakes with banana drizzled with honey
I am entering this in the Breakfast Club for February- go to work on an egg -  hosted by Karen at Lavender and lovage and Helen at Fuss free flavours breakfast club



6 comments:

  1. What happy children!
    And you are right, I always did pancakes when my boys had friends for sleepovers, the best breakfasts ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh yes - I love pancakes too - can I come for breakfast? Photos are great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer - Come for breakfast we would make you the best pancakes!

      Delete
  3. A Trifle Rushed - thank you for your comments - I don't know why I don't make pancakes more often they are so quick and easy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WONDERFUL photos, just adorable and thanks so much for entering into the Breakfast Club for February! I love pancakes, so lay an extra place for me next time!
    Karen @ Lavender and Lovage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was the first time my grand daughters had made pancakes from scratch they were very proud of themselves! They were excited when I told them I entered the Breakfast Club for February.

      Delete