|Viennese Crescent Biscuits|
|Being moulded on the benchtop|
|Ready for the oven|
|They look like false teeth lined up on the tray!|
I do love the country in the winter, donning the Hunter boots and duffle coat!
Daylesford is a pretty little town nestled in Victoria' Spa Region a stone's throw from the Macedon Ranges and only about an hour's drive from Melbourne.
2 cups plain flour
250g butter melted
1 cup (125g) ground almond meal
1/2 cup (90g) sifted icing sugar
1 teaspoon orange essence
plus 300g extra sifted icing sugar for dredging
- Preheat oven to 180C Combine all dry ingredients - flour, meal, sugar, salt
- Add essence and melted butter and mix with a spoon.
- Divide mixture into small balls (at least 24) and then roll each ball into a sausage and shape into a crescent .
- Place on ungreased baking paper on a tray and bake for 10 - 12 minutes or until just brown
- Place some of the extra icing sugar on a sheet of tin foil
- Place the hot crescents on the foil and dust both sides with icing sugar
- Cool completely and store in an airtight container
We saved a couple for ourselves and the man said they were the best biscuits he had had for a long time!
Thought these would be perfect for this month's June challenge at AlphaBakes hosted by The More than Ocassional Baker and Caroline Makes the challenge letter being "V" I presume there will be lots of these.