Monday, 28 January 2013

This cake took the cake on Australia Day!


 For WOW factor you can't go past this amazing mud cake that my friend  brought on Australia Day.  Decorated with the Australian flag, green and gold kangaroos and sharks swimming in the sea it certainly took the cake!

We started the day with little beef pies no less. 

Followed by Lamb Burgers (click here for recipe)

Roast Lamb studded with garlic and rosemary served with a garden and a potato salad came next. 


We had a little rest before we attacked a couple of pavlovas - one berry, one choc mint.  Mark tells me this is a Stephanie Alexander recipe and he has this down to a fine art. (Look at Stephanie's books here).



We made a mess of these pavs. 




 Only thing left was to attack the mud cake.  It seemed too nice to cut, but cut we did! Although we made little in roads on the map.


 Most definitely need that diet now!


14 comments:

  1. What a great spread! and that cake really looks fantastic :)
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cake looks amazing - really great centrepiece. It looks like you had a lovely time so a belated happy Australia Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were blown away when my friend walked in with this cake.

      Delete
  3. You've been busy! Very cool cake :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a fabulous feast & the cake looks absolutely gorgeous! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the food looks so good! I just adore that cake. How clever. Love all the jelly! I would have made a mess of those pavlovas too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shame I can't put my name to this cake - the pacs were stunning too.

      Delete
  6. The cake is a masterpiece - but it's the pavlovas I have my eye on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My goodness I can't tell you how good they all were.

      Delete
  7. LOVE THIS post:) your blog Is such an inspiration.

    If you want some travel inspiration..check out my new post:)

    Have a great weekend dear

    LOVE Maria from inredningsvis.se

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice work! Gave you a tweet! @280bakes

    ReplyDelete