Tuesday, 22 January 2013

Yummy Dinners


Well it’s taken me a long time to get out of the blocks this year I have had lots of distractions, holidays, a new baby girl to dote on, lots of cooking, and visiting and visitors, resolutions to make or not make, and then before you know it I am back to work it’s all gone far too quickly and not a word has been devoted to blogging!
One of my ideas last year was to commit some of my most favourite dinners to paper and give to my family as Christmas presents.  And so Magnolia Verandah's "Yummy Dinners" was born.
Surprisingly even though I left it so late the lovely people at "Blurb" came through and posted my publication in time to wrap and give to my family as gifts.  I must say I was quite chuffed with it  and it was lovely to see the amazed, quizzical and surprised faces as the recipe book was unwrapped on Christmas Day. 


It's only a small book containing twelve of my favourites from my year of blogging 2012 but it was such a hit it will be the first of many I am sure. Happy New Year!

8 comments:

  1. genius... you are a published author!... I may have to steal this idea...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous idea, my husband does photo books based on his travels and has suggested a recipe book, I may well copy your idea too. Your family must be thrilled. It sounds like you have your hands full at present, Happy Belated New Year! Jude x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jude if hubby does photo books you are half way there!

      Delete
  3. Welcome back! What a great idea. Photo books are awesome. I need to do some myself! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - Happy New Year. I hope you manage to find the time to do some too.

      Delete
  4. It's a great idea and I love mine. It will be a wonderful book for your grandchildren to cherish in years to come and even long after that, their granny will be remembered by both the food she loved to cook and the photos. I think I might just be another person to steal your idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you do - the ideas can be endless.

    ReplyDelete