Friday, 27 December 2013

What does your pantry look like?


With all the renovations going in on at my house that didn't finish till Christmas Eve!!Ugh! there was not time for sorting out the pantry cupboards. Dare I open them and show you? My food cupboards are situated either side of the fridge.  They are not ideal as this makes them very deep.  I would like them transformed into pull out cupboards so you can easily access items at the rear.  Something for 2014.
Right hand pantry houses breakfast supplies, tea selections and coffee, herbs, spices, condiments, dried fruit and nuts, baking items and tinned food.

Left hand pantry houses medicine and first aid supplies (on the top shelf!), staples - rice, pulses, pasta, biscuits, flours, eggs and a whole compartment dedicated just to all the ingredients you would need for Chinese recipes. What does your pantry look like?
Joining with Belleau Kitchen for December challenge.



6 comments:

  1. wow, I love the built in cupboards around the fridge, they're beautiful and such an obvious and clever idea. LOVE your kitchen too, thanks so much for sharing and thank you for entering this months random recipes... wishing you a healthy and happy new year! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dom, can't wait to see your roundup for December.

      Delete
  2. In the house we used to own we had the same thing - pantry cupboards on either side of the fridge. We didn't get the pull out cupboards and I was so sorry that we didn't - it was always so difficult to find anything at the back of the cupboards and things just became lost or forgotten about. I hope you're able to get the pull-out variety this year xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is a bit of a pain when things are packed into the back and everything has to be moved to find that particular ingredient. Particularly good for hiding chocolate though!

      Delete
  3. I'm pleased to see that someone else keeps some first aid supplies in the kitchen - I was starting to think that it was only me that did that. I do like my current pull out cupboard, although I can say from experience that some are much more reliable than others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to know that a bit of research into pull out cupboards is required. I hear that they waste a bit of space too but I think I can live without a bit of space in order to get a user friendly product. Always keep first aid in the kitchen as did my mother and her mother. Kitchens can be very dangerous places!

    ReplyDelete