Is there anything more versatile than eggs? Cooked in a variety of ways for breakfast or a snack and added to all manner of dishes sweet or savoury. The perfect fast food in fact.
Sunday morning breakfast is generally a laid back affair, including more than one pot of tea and numerous slices of toast. Breakfast is generally on the front verandah come summer or winter (in winter we have the cafe blinds down and the outside gas heater on making it very pleasant).
Breakfast always includes eggs in some shape or form and simple scrambled eggs is one of my favourites. I now cook my scrambled eggs in the microwave, which is so quick and eliminates the necessity of scrubbing saucepans.
What to do…….
- In a microwaveable utensil crack 4 eggs and whisk until they froth a little.
- Add 1/4 cup milk approx. and whisk to combine.
- Cover the utensil and cook in the microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Give another little whisk and cook for a further 40 seconds or so until there are no runny parts.
- Whisk gently just to break apart before serving.
- Add garnish of choice - having no parsley I added a few sprigs of thyme
This makes a good size serve for two, with brekky on the table in a couple of minutes.